Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run into two issues trying to replace the brake rod on my 2003 750 Vulcan. The first is, does anyone have any suggestions and/or directions for prying the brake rod away from the places it is secured (one on the frame near the rear wheel, the second on the pedal assembly)? The second issue is how to disconnect the electrical connection for the rear brake light (without breaking it- I'm good at that trick!) before removing the pedal assembly? I've noticed two small indentations on the connection- do I somehow disconnect it at those points? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Donn Ross /ddr464

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
The rear just pops off the stud, the front should be similar but I don't recall exactly. There's a repair manual download on my signature.

The brake switch for the rear has a wire lead about a foot long or so, there are bullet connectors on the other end of the lead. Just follow the wire.

Not sure if the lead unplugs from the switch or not, you would have to slide the rubber boot back to see.

Here's a pic... Kawasaki 27010-1477 - SWITCH,REAR BRAKE | Partzilla.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! I'll give this a try today and let you know. Thank you so very much- your guidance has been clear and easy to follow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it turns out, I've learned quite a bit from this experience of replacing the brake rod. For example, to remove the brake rod from where it is attached to the frame near the rear wheel, an M7 e-clip must first be pried off the rod followed by sliding the rod toward the front of the bike so that a section of the then exposed bare twisted wire can pass through the "hold" for the rod on the frame. I suppose using photos to explain this might have made things clearer; I need to learn how to do that (post photos on the internet). In any case, thanks for all the help. Now I need to figure how to refit the brake pedal back onto the assembly (having trouble "respacing" the pedal piece so it will slide on like the manual suggests it should).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts