Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the heck can I find one of these? Is there a part number?

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Have you asked on sell or swap here on the forum? A few guys and gals are parting out bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My son decided to put his bike next to mine. 12 speed pedal bike. I found some replacement parts with and with out the wires. I took off the yellow lens. Then I took out the bulb. I can now see the wires. There are two. I took out some parts, but not enough to remove the wires. I need to know if wires can be removed without breaking any parts. It would be a lot easier to replace the turn assembly without the wires than the ones with the wires.
thank
Ray

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
My son decided to put his bike next to mine. 12 speed pedal bike. I found some replacement parts with and with out the wires. I took off the yellow lens. Then I took out the bulb. I can now see the wires. There are two. I took out some parts, but not enough to remove the wires. I need to know if wires can be removed without breaking any parts. It would be a lot easier to replace the turn assembly without the wires than the ones with the wires.
thank
Ray
I couldn't do it.

If just the rubber stalk is broken, you can fix it by slipping a length of (narrow) plastic ball point pen tube inside the stalk along with some silicone. Let it dry before installing on the bike.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
there should be a forum section labled "MacGyver Solutions"...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I recently replaced my broken signals with new Bikemaster units. They were already broken, so I decided to play with them in preparation for installing a running/brake light conversion kit in the new signals. I found Tiki's guide and was able to get the old signal heads separated from the stalks without too much trouble, and then pull the sockets and wiring out. However, the old rubber was already broken and pretty fragile, so I'm not sure how well that would translate to a brand new signal.

If you just want to replace the whole signal, I got my Bikemasters from a local shop for $16.96 each. There are a number of shops around here (all under PowerSports Network with cookie-cutter clone sites) that carry them for $18-$20 each. You might be best off just searching Google for the Bikemaster part number(s) you need and seeing where they're sold. I was ready to order them from out of state when I noticed that a local place had them cheaper and I could just do an in-store pickup.

For <$20 each for complete new units, it may not be worth your time to mess with transferring the old wiring (which could have issues or get damaged in the process) over. For the new complete ones, you simply disconnect the bullet connectors on the wires, remove the screw holding the signal on, turn the signal 90°, and pull the whole thing out. Stick the new one in, turn it, screw it down, and hook up the new wires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kind of a zombie thread but I did a search and nothing came up.

I had to replace one of my rear turn signals. I bought my 100% stock bike and someone had snapped the turn signal off. It looked like someone tried to remove it and it snapped where the "chrome" piece meets the rubber stalk.

I went to my local cycle dismantler and I found out that a turn signal from a 1986 Kawasaki LTD454 is an EXACT MATCH. (Externally).

Our signal is a "two wire" while the LTD is a three wire. Just hook the black wire to our "black and yellow" wire and then choose whichever wire gives you the brighter turn signal.

Just thought I would throw this out for anyone like me that had 3 perfect turn signals and only needed one used or new to replace one.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Our front signals are 3 wire too. Fronts have a running light while the rears do not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts