Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I saw a discussion on system capacity, but to me the final answer wasn't very clear.

So....what extra capacity (watts) does the VN750 electrical/charging system have (if any), to power additional lighting beyond the stock configuration? If this amount fluctuates much, please explain...and so what would be a conservative figure?

Also: what is the brightest headlamp replacement bulb I can buy (but still with reasonable expected bulb life)--without exceeding the current 55/60 watt headlamp rating?

Thanks!....

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
I'm running the PIAA H4 extreme white bulb in mine and just love it. Seems definitely twice as bright on high, these claim to provide 110W of light at the same 55W drain, so no extra added... :smiley_th

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
you have about 70 watts extra max, with the stock stator. You could prolly go up to a 85 watt bulb, without too much of an issue except for the following... just keep in mind these bulbs burn hotter, and with that the filament is more fragile... this means since motorcycles are typically a rougher ride, the bulb my burn out even sooner. I also do recomend upgrading the wiring loom up to the headlight, as you may burn out the wiring from the heat. As for the reserve lighting unit, its a toss up if it can handle the extra load....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts