Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 1986 vn750 I had to repair the dampers tore the engine apart split the case. Replaced the case put things back together and put a washer where it didn't belong and ruined the stator case. Got another stator case changed out stator now trying to start it. Its clicking but not turning over. But I was wondering when I put the wires back in the stator cover if I got them in the wrong holes would that mess things up or those wires can go either top or bottom? Just asking before I decide there is a different problem. Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, stator pick up coils the one the the mod is done on.
thanks

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Top Pickup Coil feeds the Rear Cylinder (Black with whit Stripe and Black With Red Stripe wires)
Bottom Pick Up Coil feeds the Front cylinder (Black/Yellow and Black wires)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok had those right will see why it won't turn over some other reason...thanks much.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
ok had those right will see why it won't turn over some other reason...thanks much.
Have you checked for spark?
He says the starter will not turn the engine over, so no spark to test yet. :(

Have you checked battery voltage? I had my 3 yo MF-AGM battery crap out on me a month ago, with absolutely no warning it was going bad, when I stopped to refuel 100 miles from home on my way to the SEAR Dead Hog Boogie motorcycle rally in Manyberries AB. One cell shorted out and I only had about 10.5 volts. Enough power to make the starter relay click once, but not enough to crank the starter motor over. Long story short, a new battery cured the problem. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I think I found out what is wrong, the starter relay on my service manual says if the relay doesn't click at all the relay is defective and must be replaced...the starter motor has ohms and other electrical parts had ohms but the starter relay had nothing...so I ordered one off ebay and hopefully when it comes I can slip that baby in there and it will fire up!
The battery was low voltage, but I hooked it up to the car battery for a jump and it still wouldn't turn over...so hopefully it will next wednesday with the new part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts