Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see mention of several recalls, but nothing that would apply to me. I'm wondering if there's enough metal internally to drill/tap something but it doesn't look like it..

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dumbass kid who sold me the bike had a loose terminal, among other things he lied about. I just hate to toss a battery that's good aside from a little piece of lead.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
If you were stuck in bumfook Pennsyltucky, Id tell ya a way to temp rig it....but since you aint, Im not gonna....it involves spruce gum, btw and a lead fishing sinker ( now THAT is old school)....but DONT do it dude, else you WILL get stuck somewhere or worse....

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Replace the battery, It's not worth the risk that you could now have an internal short in the battery causing it to all burn up later in your garage.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figger I'd just hit it with a mig welder, melt some new lead onto it. Just kidding, I'm not that dumb. I'll replace it eventually, but for the meantime I'm too stubborn to throw it away just yet. 2 sides of the "box" are still there so I might fit a lead block between them and bolt through that. Should be just as sturdy as the original, if not more so.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
I've got a manual somewhere that outlines how to cast a new post, but it's for top post car batteries. It may be a lot harder to do on a smaller post. It involves molten lead and making a mold. If you could cast a cube, then tap it. ...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...standard burial, or a cremation ?....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Replace the battery, It's not worth the risk that you could now have an internal short in the battery causing it to all burn up later in your garage.
^^^X2, fix the main short on the bike and replace the battery. Not worth burning out the rest of the bike's electrical.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nah, I'm not gonna crash and burn, or even just burn. There was no "main short", just a loose connection that let the post melt. It's "mickey moused" through the side of the post instead of the top, that's all. It's rock solid. It'll last until the new battery comes in, about a week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts