Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now here comes a question that not many would ask..I have to replace my front tire (100/90/19) and want to install a wider one..How much bigger can I go..The classic look..Please return thread .Thanks for your response..Amsoil Man

·
Registered
387 Posts
The next size you can go without doing a fork modification is 110/90.
I have a 110/90 and it really fills up the space.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya have any pics on how good it looks? How much does it help the handleing and ride? Hey maybe ya can help My CLYMER repair manual says the Spark plugs are gaped at .03 YUP .03..Do ya know the real gap or is that right?...Thanks again Amsoil Man

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Keep in mind alot of answers are in the "Verses" section of the forum link. As for that front tire question. I just switched up to the 110 & love it over the 100. Feels a lot more stable to me (8000 miles on the "100") & checked the speed with a gps 60mph is only 2mph off. Not bad! Sorry though, no pics. But I will say. It's a tight fit. But fits good! I gapped my plugs to what ever was specked in the trunk lid.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry, no pics yet. I have had the 110 on mine for over 1000 miles and I have to agree with kanuck. I'm about 2mph off at 60mph and have noticed a better feel and handling. It is a tight fit. I have about a half inch clearence between the tire and fender.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Ya have any pics on how good it looks? How much does it help the handleing and ride? Hey maybe ya can help My CLYMER repair manual says the Spark plugs are gaped at .03 YUP .03..Do ya know the real gap or is that right?...Thanks again Amsoil Man

Gap......0.8 to 0.9 mm (0.031 to 0.035 inch) Haynes Service & Repair Manuel

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have a 110 on mine to, It did increase the handiling and made the speedo more accurate.
Here is a pict where you can see the larger tire.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
If you get the stronger iridium plugs they come pre-gapped at .032
Previous discussion on iridiums
"Just thought I'd mentioned this as it might save someone a few bucks. There was a discussion on the group a little while go about these plugs (DPR7EIX-9) and where to get them. The internet lowest price was around 7 bucks plus shipping. I decided to get some before the Gathering and thought I'd try locally to save the shipping. I looked on the net at the chains here locally (Autozone, O'Reilly's, and Advance Auto) and they were all around 10.xx or so. In talking to Dan Tadrick of the group he mentioned he had them and the part number is 7803. Well, if you search for DPR7EIX-9 at the Advance Auto site it comes back at 10.99. However if you put in just 7803, you get several things with the same part number, but one of them is the NGK plug for only 6.96. What's up with that? Anyway, I went to the local Advance store and it is the same plug. So if you happen to have an Advance store nearby (mostly east and some in the midwest), the price is as low as the internet without the shipping. (And yes I'm an accountant so maybe Freak is right about the beancounter part :). John STL,MO "

I also tried this at O'Reilly's and got them for about $6.50 a plug

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Another vote for the 110 - I put one on mine (sorry... no camera available at the moment... it's with the dear wife in WV...) and it definitely looks and feels better (of course that's comparing it to hard worn out tires vs new... but that's another story).

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just did the same search that Cindy did. A bit odd that there are 2 prices for ther same product. But, since you can order it online and pick it up from the store, it's a good $12 savings. Nice find!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think you'll like the 110 tire -- I do. I wouldn't describe it as 'tight', it certainly fits with no problem; side by side with another bike with stock tires it is noticably bigger, however.

I have around 10K on mine and it hardly looks worn. It rides and feels better -- hard to describe really.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lanser: Sorry for the delay in answering,,Thanks for your imput.Amsoil Man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts