Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,new guy here.I'm in the process of reviving a 1995 vn750.The owner died and his widow wants to see the bike brought back as it has been neglected in a leaky shed for 5 years or so.
Anyway ,as all of you know,I'm sure,the turn signal stalks are all cracked and one snapped in half.Has anyone found some type of glue to fix these or know where you can just get the rubber stalks?I know there are some aftermarket available ,but trying to keep rehab costs to a minimum
I haven't had much luck glueing certain plastics,but then,I have not tried them all.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
some cheap on ebay that will work. I have used a pin out of a household door hinge pushed through it then wrapped with duct tape for strength then wrapped with electrical tape for appearance. you couldnt tell it was rigged without looking really close!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea,I should have googled it before posting.Lots of hits on Google.It seems Shoe goo might be worth a try ,but for ten bucks a tube I can get a replcement TS for a bit more,thanks,Ed

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Yeah honestly replacement ones without rubber stalks are the way to go.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Many have used just a good weather proof glue but put a short piece of a Bic pen barrel inside for added support. This maintains the hollow inside for the wires plus the stiffness to support the previously broken stalk. Do a search here on the forum for some descriptions of "how to".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts