Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Looks great Slim. I'll bet the larger relays last forever. It's even better knowing they can be replaced easy.

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
How do the relays mount to the JB, or are they held in place by the connecting wires? Can't tell from the pics.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do the relays mount to the JB, or are they held in place by the connecting wires? Can't tell from the pics.
The Relays in the pic ar just loose, But actually three out of the four are held on by a bracket, and the relay connectors are interlocking so after you hook the JB back up, you lock the last relay into place.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
From what I can see it looks good slim. You were shooting the pics in the shadow though, and they are all a bit dark and indistinct for me. Could you try a few more pics from the other side, with your back to the light, or use a flash?

I think this idea is great news for everyone with a vn750. This mod allows a guy to carry a spare relay and just unplug the faulty headlight, ignition (or whatever) relay, and plug in a new one out on the road. And it is economical too. A new JB is probably ~$100, while a replacement relay can be had for about $5.:notworthy

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Because of the lighting in my garage, the pics of it mounted can't get any better... I used a flash, but the natural lights in there just pain suck.. I have to use a minor's light to do any work in the bat cave.

A new junction box is $119.00 plus S&H from Ron Ayers. I am rebuilding these for a fee of $70.00.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Because of the lighting in my garage, the pics of it mounted can't get any better... I used a flash, but the natural lights in there just pain suck.. I have to use a minor's light to do any work in the bat cave.

A new junction box is $119.00 plus S&H from Ron Ayers. I am rebuilding these for a fee of $70.00 plus a $65 core charge if you don't have a JB to send me.
Cool. I want a new one. How do we make the deal?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Does the JB just slap on as replacement? and can you add some spare relays for giggles. I will pay.:)

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the JB just slap on as replacement? and can you add some spare relays for giggles. I will pay.:)
I use your old Junction Box, I then replace the relays with external ones, and replace the diodes with heavier duty ones. If you notice in the pictures, there are 4 relays, stock only has 3, I also add in an accessory fuse box that adds 5 more fused circuits for adding your accessories to. Inorder to get a hold of me, just send me a PM titled JB, I will then give you my paypal, and shipping information. After I recieve the JB, Give me two weeks to complete it... I should have it done faster than that, but just in case I run into problems with time do to my day job, I like to give my self a little extra time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts