Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question how di I remove tge bearings from both front anf rear wheel. Excited to get them powder coated next week!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I grabbed a removal kit from eBay for $30 when it was time to do mine. made it pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
You'll need a wheel bearing puller. Harbor freight. And you'll need new bearings as they usually get destroyed. Pretty easy really.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Swear I haven't been drinking I really do spell that bad!
Maybe you could make friends with "Spell Check". Anyway, are you sure you want to actually powder coat the actual bearings?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not powder coating the bearings?? The rims but I need to remove the bearings first. Just looking for the trick.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really didn't think that needed clarified. I will say for every handful of helpful folks on here there seems to be a few of you *******s!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
Really didn't think that needed clarified. I will say for every handful of helpful folks on here there seems to be a few of you *******s!
Tom was just asking a question, man.I don't think he was being an ass hole. The thing about the internet is things get taken wrong and out of context and people get upset for no reason

·
2,501 Posts
Question how di I remove tge bearings from both front anf rear wheel. Excited to get them powder coated next week!
If you decide to stick around on this forum for at least a year or so you will clearly read some of the very interesting things that some people will ask instructions on including powder coating strange items on the bike that are mechanical and tend to wear. It seems that for every group of Newbies joining during any given time period there are a few "*******s!" When we ask for more information that usually lets us know which category certain people fall into. Sorry if asking for a clarification from you was such an insult. That was not the intent.

·
2,501 Posts
Tom was just asking a question, man.I don't think he was being an ass hole. The thing about the internet is things get taken wrong and out of context and people get upset for no reason
Thanks, Doc, for seeing the obvious.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't think that implying that someone, anyone new or old is stupid enough to powdercoat wheel beaerings isn't trying to be condescending? He was trying to get a good ole chuckle out of the "older" guys! You say us newbies have no respect and I say you old carts have no appreciation for the new guys trying to keep these machines that you love alive! His response like some of you "older" folks on here wasn't of a helpful nature at all in fact if anything I think it made him sound silly.... I asked a question about removing the bearings? I know I could buy a bearing puller but I'm not for a one time use! I simply asked for the trick or a suggestion to get them out to powder coat the rims. They will be replaced either way.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Using anything other then a bearing puller could cause damage to your rims. Try an auto parts store. They may lend you one for free. Getting upset by something posted that may or may not have been in jest, isn't a reason to get upset. You've found a wonderful resource for your bike, and loads of helpful members willing to answer your needs to the point if they are close to you, will ride out to help.
Vulcan2000 has apologized if you felt his statement was to make fun of you. Take it and move on.

·
2,501 Posts
You don't think that implying that someone, anyone new or old is stupid enough to powdercoat wheel beaerings isn't trying to be condescending? He was trying to get a good ole chuckle out of the "older" guys! You say us newbies have no respect and I say you old carts have no appreciation for the new guys trying to keep these machines that you love alive! His response like some of you "older" folks on here wasn't of a helpful nature at all in fact if anything I think it made him sound silly.... I asked a question about removing the bearings? I know I could buy a bearing puller but I'm not for a one time use! I simply asked for the trick or a suggestion to get them out to powder coat the rims. They will be replaced either way.
Sorry you lack a sense of humor and before you start talking as if you know each individual on here in great detail maybe you should spend some time reading more before making foolish statements. I fully explained myself previous to this posting so no need to go into it any more but if you want to continue making attempts to bash me you can always use the PM contact method so you keep it between the two of us and not look overly foolish with misquotes and such out in the open.

If you are not into purchasing a specific tool for a one time use then how about going to one of the many national auto parts chain stores and borrowing the tool from them as many have a loaner program which many already know. That is a little free advice even after the bashing and from one of the "old" guys. When some of us "old" guys ask newbies for a proper introduction with wrenching/riding experience and location it is not because we are against the newbies. Knowing were someone is located leaves the option for someone to offer the loan of a specialized tool or even some personal assistance if they are in close proximity of the newbie or more seasoned member. I know of several situations where a tool was even shipped cross country coast to coast multiple times to help members in different situations as you are at the moment. For the future, I suggest that you understand what is behind the madness of the "old" forum members here before you start bashing again but do realize that even if you don't understand we usually follow live and let live until we feel we have been pushed too far. I really don't understand why someone that is looking for free information and could also possibly get the use of a specialized tool for free would take a simple question and get so upset.

If my posting here offened any other member here not involved I apologize. I just felt some things need to be said at times and I did attempt to do so in a manner that was not offensive to those involved. No disrespect was intended towards anyone.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I've found that autozone is the only one local for me who actually carried a "blind hole puller". There is a refunded fee for using the tool but it works like a charm. I've used it a couple of times. It does take some fineness to get it lined up right.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You didn't ask a "simple" question you asked a silly one! I think in my first post on the topic I implied I was removing the bearings to have the rims powder coated! You tried to take it to comedy hour with what you call humor. I just wanted a few suggestions and finally after all this I got one and it only took 15 post?? Anyways I hope at your place of employment you aren't responsible for training new guys because your lack of willingness to help out the new guy would probably lead to a high turnover ratio. Fyi I don't need help from the guys on here like you!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's funny how you see my interaction as bashing but not in your own!? In your first response you didn't offer help for whatever it was that was asked you just put your 2 cents in and it wasn't necessary! I call it like I see it! There are however a lot of guys on here who are helpful no matter the experience of the person asking the question just don't see how it makes a difference! Someone is lost and stops me for directions I help I don't treat them like they are idiots for being lost and I don't question how they got lost!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
I grabbed a removal kit from eBay for $30 when it was time to do mine. made it pretty easy.

You'll need a wheel bearing puller. Harbor freight. And you'll need new bearings as they usually get destroyed. Pretty easy really.
Your questions were answered in posts 3 and 5.not fifteen.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
You'd be surprised what has been asked on here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.