Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fully remove my tail light and I'm wondering how to remove the lights from the back. Do they unscrew? I was gonna take some pliers to try and turn them but don't wanna break anything. Any help?

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
3 bolts (I think 10mm) You have to reach under the fender to get them. The way the wiring is woven through loops under the fender and are mixed in with your tag light wires means you may want to pull the fender to do the job. You do not need to pull the rear wheel to pull the fender.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the tail light off. It's removing the wires from the actual housing. I wanna take the housing inside where it's warm so I can drill the wholes for my new blinkers. But don't know how to remove the wires from inside it. Looks like maybe they screw in but not sure

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the light sockets are pushed into the housing while the housing is still warm. you have to feed the wires back through the fender... fender has to be off for this.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It looks like it'll be a big pain in the ass to slide those wires back through. Is that really the best way?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
its not that hard... between your last post and Kunucks post I pulled mine off... O k I cheated.. I have had my light off and on so many times, I knew the secret to twisting the plug though the tang on the fender, but still the first time I pulled it off I had it out in 5 minutes

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I'll give it a go. Thanks fella's

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's the secret? Haha. Trying to move this thing every which way

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unable to do it today. Tomorrow I'll try to bend that one bracket a little to see if I can get it out. I wanna know how they got it in there lol.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
3 bolts (I think 10mm) You have to reach under the fender to get them. The way the wiring is woven through loops under the fender and are mixed in with your tag light wires means you may want to pull the fender to do the job. You do not need to pull the rear wheel to pull the fender.
x2 Highly recommended ! Quicker/Easier in long run.....

:smiley_th

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok. Got it. Thanks guys. Removed the fender. Took me 10 seconds. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol. No slim. Must not of read that part haha

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts