Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Removing Reflector Tape

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Oddboggle 
#1 ·
The previous owner placed strips of reflector tape all over the bike -- which for safety, is cool... but it looks a little goofy. I can't peel it off, as I hoped. And it's tough and slow-going getting it off the bike using my fingernail. I'm nervous about scraping the paint with any tool.

Any suggestions, O Sage Vulcanites?

Oddboggle

#2 ·
reflective tape removal

Try peeling the tape and then using goo off which should be available in any Walmart. For scraping the tape off get a nylon scraper(push stick)used by glass shops if carefully used it should not harm the paint.

#3 ·
also if you can get someone to assist you, what you can do is get the tape started where you can lift a corner and the use mono fishing line between the bike and the decal. working the line back and forth against the body part while your assistant slowly gently lifts the tape off the bike. hope this helps.
safe riding free

#4 ·
You can also try using a heat gun on low or a hair drier, the heat should soften the adhesive. works on car's at the dealer I work at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.