Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for removing some bluing from my exhaust pipes? Is there a homemade remedy???

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
I used 3m perfect it II. Worked on mine with no ill effects. Up to you. About 1000 mi. since and held up so far.

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
Which specific "Perfect it II" product are you referring to? Can you provide us a link to it?

Thanks....:beerchug:
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Automotive-MMM5973-Perfect-Compound/dp/B0002ZQ016

Just happened to have it on my shelf and said why not and with a little elbow grease and about 10 min work on and done. Surprised a friend and myself that it worked so well. Use it on the paint as well for light scratches. Can be bought at most automotive paint supplier but cheaper here.

·
Valkyrie Riding Member
14 Posts
Good posting!
Thanks!

Hey Cheeser, My Dad has some 3M "Fine Cut" Rubbing Compound on the shelf in his basement. I personally don't know what the difference is, but figured I'd throw it out there. What do ya think?

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any other rubbing compound that would work?

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I hate that kind of spam. I like the kind from the can......on two pieces of toast......MMMMMMMMMMM! :)

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
Good posting!
Thanks!

Hey Cheeser, My Dad has some 3M "Fine Cut" Rubbing Compound on the shelf in his basement. I personally don't know what the difference is, but figured I'd throw it out there. What do ya think?
No opinion other than try it. Worked for me. Up to you though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts