Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,all
I want to do remoute start engine by pressing button on signalization pager, need elektrical schem, or may be someone does someting like that.

Signalization will install in any case (It's necessary in our Country- Ukraine).

What kind of neutral sensor, simple switch?

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
neutral sensor is easy - you have neutral indication light right on yor dashboard. however take into accunt that starting our bikes cold 99.99% of the time involves choke lever manipulation and giving them a bit of throttle too sometimes. IMO fuel injected vehicles are better candidates for remote start.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I used to instal remote starts on cars and stucks, YOu have to have EFI or won't work. Also if you leave in gear bike will jump off the stand and that will be bad.
I would not recomend a remote start on a bike ever.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
the bike will have to be EFI. give me a year or 2 as i am working on an efi unit for the bike. other then that you can just rig it up like you would on a car, except the neutral switch will be run off the neutral light. that will keep it from starting while in gear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hizzo3 said:
except the neutral switch will be run off the neutral light. that will keep it from starting while in gear.
That right, neutral sensor will be involved to keep bike from starting while in gear.
As for choke lever manipulation, I think it's not so problem, couse there is elertrical switch.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Just remember to turn the choke on after you stop the bike at night. The only problem is that you know how the rpms go way up after you start it with the choke. If there was a way to automatically adjust the choke as the engine warms...

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Taras_s said:
As for choke lever manipulation, I think it's not so problem, couse there is elertrical switch.
Taras, our chocke is Manual lever connected with cable to the carb choke module (read somwhere on our bike it is enricher actually rather then choke - correct me here if wrong) . no electrical switches involved there.
start procedure that i go through:
set choke lever to 1/2 engaged, crank starter until engine picks up (usually 1.5 cranks or so, if it doesnt i give a bit of throttle to), and set the chocke to almost fully engage immidiatley. the RPM reaching 2000 and in matter of seconds begins to climb. i gradually disengage choke to keep it on 2000RPM after about 2 minutes the engine will hold itself on idle without sputtering with choke disengaged.

what this means is - the way i see it you will need strong servo motor with higher Amperage controller circuit (dunno about others but my choke lever is somewhat stiff ) to acutate the choke lever depending on feedback recieved from RPM sensor cirquit (which also needs planning and design). it is not good to let the engine race so leaving the lever engaged in the evening is not a solution i would use.

besides why do you need remote start anyways? it only takes 1-2 minutes tops to warm up from 45F or 8C degrees outside temp, and it's not like you going to have warmed up interioir of the car anyways.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i wouldnt mind remote start.... also would like hydrolics that would lay the bike on its frame when i turn it off..... that would be cool :p..... can i also get a talking wrist watch, and a cool sweeping red light on the front fender? then i can call my bike 'kit'

regardless, efi will be needed no matter how you look at it...

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I built a sweeping red light for the front of my car. Did it in 1984. I've got one in my room right now, using jumbo super bright LEDs glued into flashlight reflectors. Outstandingly bright. For my first build, it cost $150 in parts. My second cost $80 in parts, and my third (if I ever finish it) will have cost me $10 in parts.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
well i would like remote start just 1 cause its cool, and 2 i would love to start my bike in a resturant and watch the people as they walk by jump.... maybe even rig a circut and a speaker that says 'Hello, how was dinner?' lol

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hizzo3 said:
.... maybe even rig a circut and a speaker that says 'Hello, how was dinner?' lol
Or have it say...
"Don't mind me, I just wanna ride!!!"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i would like remote start cause its cool everytime, espesialy in the morning, and i live on 6 flore and elevator is bisy all the time, and i don't like to wate while bike come warm. And its a plasure watch the people as they look at your bike and wonder how it start.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
hyperbuzzin said:
Or have it say...
"Don't mind me, I just wanna ride!!!"
That would be really cute.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
lol.... yeah it would be cool, i will have to add that once i get the efi system set up. i cant think of way to bypass that method, cause you need a controler to adjust throttle, air/fuel baised off rpm and temperature..... oh wait, just described efi lol...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts