Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of relocating my ignition switch to the side of my bike near the top of the engine near the gas tank.
Has anyone else tried to do that?
I know I would have to build a bracket, and relocate the wires.
The wires would be easy to do as they are already on the left side of the tank where they plug into the harness.
I don't like my keys on the top as they rattle and rub against the warning light cluster.
Any ideas??

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I did something similar.. my ignition key is now on the left air filter cover... however, my electrical box is also moved to the same location.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a bike site, not a jewelry store!

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I have an '04 Honda Rebel project bike, with aftermarket steel sidecovers, and I relocated the ignition switch to the right sidecover. It is not the stock switch, I just removed that. This is simply a keyed on/off panel mount switch. I've always thought motorcycle ignition switches were too complicated, they don't need 5 or 6 positions, just on and off.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an '04 Honda Rebel project bike, with aftermarket steel sidecovers, and I relocated the ignition switch to the right sidecover. It is not the stock switch, I just removed that. This is simply a keyed on/off panel mount switch. I've always thought motorcycle ignition switches were too complicated, they don't need 5 or 6 positions, just on and off.
That's true. All you need is to be able to turn it on and off.
I never lock the forks or use the parking lights.
A simple switch is all you need.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Reported.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts