Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so this is a really quick question regarding the rejetting process during the ear shave, should I be unscrewing the jet from within the jet holder and then replacing that with my larger jet size or should I replace the whole jet and jet holder together when the larger set arrives, let me know what you guys think, I suppose it doesn't make a difference as long as the new jet holder is the same as stock but I figured I'd ask. Thanks!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so Ive finished the ears have procedure, and the bike is now now drawing fuel, I believe the problem is something with how I hooked up the right side breather filter, which I currently have running from the vacuum line the would normally run to the petcock the allow fuel to flow, is this incorrect otherwise how should have I done it, additionally I capped the right side vacuum line on the carb, let me know what you think the issue is, sorry and thanks again

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,044 Posts
Ok so Ive finished the ears have procedure, and the bike is now now drawing fuel, I believe the problem is something with how I hooked up the right side breather filter, which I currently have running from the vacuum line the would normally run to the petcock the allow fuel to flow, is this incorrect otherwise how should have I done it, additionally I capped the right side vacuum line on the carb, let me know what you think the issue is, sorry and thanks again
I'm not sure what you've got. Can you describe it again? What do you mean by drawing fuel?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should I have a line running from the middle nipple of the petcock? Because where that runs to the carb I though was supposed to run to my right sign breather filter. I know it’s hard to see but I have that plug on the right side carb too.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,044 Posts
but anyways it doesn’t let fuel flow out of the petcock to the carb through my fuel lines, i suppose I need my vacuum line hooked up??
Yes, you need the middle port connected to the vacuum port on the carb. Vacuum is what opens the petcock.

That kink and upward direction of the fuel line is going to cause problems with fuel flow also. Either reroute it or make the hose shorter, whichever works best to get a downward flow.

The nipple on the petcock can rotate so it points toward the carb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts