Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this on both my bikes, I reccomend a large capacitor (large in uf rating, not nececarily size) on the big white wire of the regulator to the black wire-ground

cap size over 16 volt, uf at least 2000.
tie wrap it up in the fuse box panel and convieniently wire into regulator harness.
for added protection, the brown wire can have a 1000uf cap on it to ground as well.

this will keep the regulator from self destructing should the battery fail in an open condition, theory only of course.
perform at own risk.

Plus fuse your stator leads with 20 amp fuses. Just in case!

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Hey Bevis, remind me to remind you to show this setup to me at Kentucky lake. Where does one get such a cap anyway?

thanks
RB

beavis said:
I have this on both my bikes, I reccomend a large capacitor (large in uf rating, not nececarily size) on the big white wire of the regulator to the black wire-ground

cap size over 16 volt, uf at least 2000.
tie wrap it up in the fuse box panel and convieniently wire into regulator harness.
for added protection, the brown wire can have a 1000uf cap on it to ground as well.

this will keep the regulator from self destructing should the battery fail in an open condition, theory only of course.
perform at own risk.

Plus fuse your stator leads with 20 amp fuses. Just in case!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can order them from MCM electronics, they have a site you can search for, radioshack should also be able to get something similar. Be glad to show them to everybody. maybe at the wrenching clinics, where I can show everybody at once. the exact uf value doesnt have to be exact, just in the ballpark, like when I said 1000 uf, 1500 will do fine. you can use (2) 1000 to make a 2000uf also, just by putting in parallel.
beavis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts