Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike died a fortnight ago and I thought my battery just went on me. It wouldn't hold any charge so i couldn't start my bike again.

Replaced the battery and it started right up but died shortly after. Upon closer inspection I saw that the regulator/rectifier was burned out. I mean, literaly partially melted and the connector was charred.

Anyways, I ordered a new R/R from Caltric online. I got the one specificially for the Vulcan 750.

3 days later the package arrives and it does NOT look like the one from my bike. The one I ordered was an exact match. The one I got, after going back online looks like the one for a yamaha.

My question is this, the bolts line up, the connector (replacing it) will fit and everything. Will the R/R for a yamaha bike work on ours?

I contacted Caltric and they haven't gotten back to me. But if an R/R is an R/R so long as its for a 12V battery I don't mind putting it in. It does fit afterall, just thought I'd ask for some opinions.

Thanks.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
An r/r is not an r/r. Each motorcycle requires a different amount of amps to keep the battery charge. If the new regulator produces more than 30 amps, you will be good. If not then it probably won't be good for the stators.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slim,

I appreciate it. That's the kind of info I needed. Hopefully they can exchange it quickly without charging me shipping because that'll just piss me off.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
no Spock you miss understood me, i said under 30 amp.. over is ok.. I am running a 50 amp MOFSET but then again I also upped my electrical demands quite a bit too.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts