Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, just wanted to post saying thanks for all the information and post about what I've done so far to bring my bike up to speed 100% and how it's fairing based on the work I've done.

'05 bought with 12900 mi on it, now I've got an additional 800+ miles of my own on it and LOVE this motorcycle!

Work done:
-various fuel treatments
-b12 in the bowls
-plugs & wires
-new oil & filter
-flushed & bled front brakes
-new front brake pads
-cleaned rear brake
-spline lube (they were already lubed! lucky me)
-cheap coasterize (still getting some light popping, will check crush gaskets and upgrade to metal coasters sometime in the future, but the current level is bearable)
-rear diff oil
-cleaned and oiled the K&N filters (stock ears, K&N's came with the bike)
-added a windshield
-made a custom passenger backrest

All that's left to do on my list is replace the 6 year old tires come Christmas (I live in FL so I can ride in the winter)

I'm especially glad that I was informed on the coasterizing procedure and the spline lube. Even though neither item ended up being completely necessary, I'm really glad that I won't have to fret them in the future, so thanks to you all!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse. Try looking into popping off the caps and adjusting the air mixture screws to stop the popping?and just because you live in Florida doesn't give you the extreme rights to ride in winter;).you guys even get winter in Florida?I live in upstate NY and ride all year long

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been busy with it! Florida summer evenings call my name to be ridden through, so I must oblige and make my machine SING through the sunset!

Anyway, I have adjusted the A/F mix to about 3 out each side to little avail, but I do need to check the sync on the carbs so that may have some effect on it all.

Something else I've noticed: the bike pops a lot when cold and on the choke, FAR more than when riding and decelerating. Is it possible that the chokes are maladjusted? I ask because it seems to pop in that instance on one cylinder in particular, but not the other...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts