Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the reflectors on the covers right in front of the tank. I have amber on right and red on left. Inspection guy told me they were wrong. Both are supposed to be amber. Well I have never changed it unless the previous owner did. If so I wonder how he found the perfect size. He let it go but this is the second time he busted me for it.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
He's right, they should both be amber.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I have the left side cover with amber reflector if you are interested. If so, send me a PM.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have a question about the reflectors on the covers right in front of the tank. I have amber on right and red on left. Inspection guy told me they were wrong. Both are supposed to be amber. Well I have never changed it unless the previous owner did. If so I wonder how he found the perfect size. He let it go but this is the second time he busted me for it.
The red reflector is probably from the back of a toolbox.
I had all mine off when I painted the plastics last summer, and I`m pretty sure the amber and red reflectors were all the same dimensions.

·
1985 VN-700
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Thanks. Ive had this bike for ten years. Nobody ever questioned it before

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
What are the dimensions if anyone has a bike handy. I'm at work and want to order a couple amber ones. One fell off this weekend.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Anybody know a easy way to make those amber reflectors light up, be pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Anybody know a easy way to make those amber reflectors light up, be pretty cool looking.
Read the post directly above yours /\

I was planning on inserting some LED's behind them to light them up, but never got around to it.....yet.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I replaced my front reflectors with led marker lights. Autozone, Walmart, or others have them.
Turned my rear into a 2nd brake light with a red led marker light.
I like that ! :smiley_th:smiley_th:smiley_th

1 - 13 of 13 Posts