Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for floorboards or highway peg or forward controls for a while. The riding position of the factory peg placement was just a little cramped for me. I build some custom boards (mounted some vn800 or 1500 boards that I bought from Wolfie to our factory pegs) and cut up a brake and shifter pedal and extended them. (Pictured below) Even added in springs to compensate for the added weight and torque. It worked really well, but I was still a little jammed up. It moved my feet forward about 4". Right as I was about to pay $400 to get it all chromed I ran across the Refined Cycle forwards. They move your feet forward 6.5". They are great! They are expensive, but I found them on eBay for much cheaper. Check out their site refinedcycle.com. the website says that their forwards don't work with most engine guards, but clearly I made it work.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Have seen a few sets of those go dirt cheap on ebay, posted them here some time last year, under $100. I thought maybe they were discontinuing them and dumping the stock. A couple of their auctions ended early and then got relisted, so I don't know what was going on there. Haven't seen any for a while, but haven't been watching as close.

Retail is something around $400-600, right?

Should be perfect for anyone needing legroom.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I think they list on the website for $390 for the base pieces. that doesn't come with foot peg. I got a set of foot pegs from them and one extended toe peg. so for my set up it would cost about $440. They have a few other options that I am sure could get the price up to the $600 range. I think you can get them black powder coated and they have a set of floorboards and larger pegs you can choose from too. Honestly for me, if I had not already spent the money for the Mustang seat, I probably wouldn't bother. These forwards made a way bigger impact than the seat did. I am 6'0" tall, so they may be a little to far for some and not far enough for others, but they move your feet farther than any other options I have seen and its magic!

I believe the guy I spoke with said they weren't selling well. "I guess tall people don't ride 750s" he said.

either way, I have a set now and really like them. If some one finds this thread, they know where to look. If i got the last ones, sorry! >:)

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Not bad...they look good. Jardine foreword controls went for about $750.00

At one time I considered making up a pair, but I needed a donor to send me set to copy from. Got no volunteers...;) I figured I could make them for under $200.

And you never know, I might come up with a pair in two years when I retire.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Wow, I've gotta get a set of these. Currently priced pretty well on ebay. And yeah, I'm a tall guy who rides a 750. I'm 6'3". I've had my bike for a week. The pegs aren't killing me, because I basically just get my feet on the pegs and keep them there as much as possible. My riding position isn't uncomfortable, but the idea of moving my feet forward over 6 inches sounds fantastic. This would really be a great move to make my bike fit me better. And it would make me safer also. I avoid moving between the ground and the pegs as much as I can, but that's an important move to be comfortable with. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts