Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Bill, I had almost given up, but between Alton Wagnon and myself I think we came up with a solution. As near as I can determine, there ARE NO red lenses available for the Kawasaki cruisers, including our VN750's. There are, however two sources for clear lenses that are duplicates of the stock Kaw amber lenses. When used with a red bulb (incandescent or xenon) one has the desired red turn signal lights. I have installed this combination on my 2003 and am very pleased with the result. I only encountered one slight problem. I chose to use the xenon bulbs (reportedly last longer, draw no more amps, and are brighter than the incandescent bulbs. The 1156 bulb is the equivalent for the stock bulbs. The xenon bulbs I received have a shorter base and were somewhat difficult to seat, but they work. I am now seeking the xenon 1156 buls with a base like the stock bulb. You can find these items at the following sites:

1. Clear lenses:
a. CustomDynamics.com
b. CruiserCustomizing

2. Red bulbs: StreetbeatCustoms.com
Now, if I managed to copy all of those addresses correctly, you should be in business. I hope this is helpful. Best wishes, Neal

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.