Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the deal. The last two out of three times i've gone to take my bike out i get it out in the sun and notice this odd trail of red goo that seems to have run out of the fuel door, and down the tank towards the seat and then off to the left side. Has anybody else had this happen, any idea what it is? I don't have pictures because I see this on my black paint and isntantly grab a fleece rag and some spray n shine. =)

The goo has no smell, doesnt seem to be very viscious, and wipes up easily.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Remember the movie Christine? Maybe it's bike blood.

Could also be brake fluid. Wonder how it got there? Take that lid off the tank and clean it out really good. Very strange. Oh, I know brake fluid will eat through paint, but you didn't say anything about that, so maybe some kid stuck a sucker up under there ?!?

Maybe ghost plasma?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Maybe some new secret government fuel additive ??

I'd say try what Cegodsey suggests and clean the cap out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The stuff you are seeing might be some of the grease from the lock mechanism of the gas cap. I cleaned mine and it had some red stuff in it... maybe that's it...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm could be grease, it's not really slick like oil, i'll see if I can clean it out well, and maybe just puff some graphite in there if i end up taking all the lube out. =)

Thanks guys!

·
Geek
872 Posts
cegodsey, you do crack me up. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
It could be RTV that someone used to replace the O rings that seal the bolts that hold the cap on the tank. Most RTV disolves when contacted by gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts