Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gathering up my day trip stuff for ride to the Gorge and back today. I am taking the go pro video camera with me and I hope to remember to shoot some video today,if I remember how to work that thing .

Hopefully I will have some good video, so a bunch of you can take a ride with me and the OMRC(Old mans Riding club), Martin Co. KY Chapter. Expect geezers and Geezer Glides and not a lot of fast stuff in the twisties. One of the Guys is 80 YO and rides an 1100 Shadow pretty well.

One of the men in our little group said he hoped he could ride like that when he was 80. I told him I just wanted to be above ground at 80 !!

Behave yourselves today and I hope your Saturday is going to be a good one too.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
dang you Denny. you just have to rub it in don't you! I'm not even I'm going to say anything to the wife about this post!......ok, yeah I am, and you know what she is goign to say?!.......umm, well, I can't really say on here. lol.........

well, I just told her.....and you know what she said?......well, I'm not going to say, I'm just going to let her tell you in person the next time she sees you. lol......hint......duck! lol

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang you Denny. you just have to rub it in don't you! I'm not even I'm going to say anything to the wife about this post!......ok, yeah I am, and you know what she is goign to say?!.......umm, well, I can't really say on here. lol.........

well, I just told her.....and you know what she said?......well, I'm not going to say, I'm just going to let her tell you in person the next time she sees you. lol......hint......duck! lol
unfortunately, some idiot didn't buy the right type of battery for the video camera I borrowed, so I don't get to visually rub it in. On the plus side I did over 250 miles on mostly back roads and I am back home,tired but still in one piece. :motorcycl:motorcycl

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
unfortunately, some idiot didn't buy the right type of battery for the video camera I borrowed, so I don't get to visually rub it in. On the plus side I did over 250 miles on mostly back roads and I am back home,tired but still in one piece. :motorcycl:motorcycl
well, that's what you get! lol ;)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Oh my gosh, 250 mi. of back roads would make me feel at least 80 yo., if I was still in one piece. ... I would have liked to rode it anyway though...lol...
FOB---Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my gosh, 250 mi. of back roads would make me feel at least 80 yo., if I was still in one piece. ... I would have liked to rode it anyway though...lol...
I was the young one in the Group OD, the oldest WAS 80 and probably the one who would keep up the pace the best, he rode a Honda Shadow 1100. You would have fit right in with us,lol.

I actually would like to have had you with us ,a lot of the time I felt like I was in a parade. I left the group about 6 and for another hour in on the way home I actually put the beast over the road. I would say at the rate they were going that it was dark-thirty before they made it back.

Good bunch of men but our leader was lost twice and we had to backtrack. It's all in a days riding I suppose:)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I know how you feel, I usually ride drag in our group, although they usually ride maybe a bit over 150 mi. ...
Oh, I think I'm going to look at the 86 XLH 1100 Liberty when this threatening weather passes... Anything I should look, or look out for...???
FOB---Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know how you feel, I usually ride drag in our group, although they usually ride maybe a bit over 150 mi. ...
Oh, I think I'm going to look at the 86 XLH 1100 Liberty when this threatening weather passes... Anything I should look, or look out for...???
Just that it starts and runs right,I think in 86 they still had carbs on 'em. it looks pretty good in the pics. I am not sure but almost that the 1100's had a completely different frame than yours too . I am thinking it will handle and ride a lot differently than what you have now. Regardless of what people think HD has come a long way since 86. You are buying it for a back up any way, I can't say as I blame you. When they figure yours out it will be your daily rider anyway.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Yes, back up, but I'm thinking if I take fairly good care of it I might get my money back too...lol...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
86 isn't rubber mounted so yes it's a different frame.it's also the first year of the evolution motor.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
/\ Yep, this is true & also just a 4 speed, top speed said to be 104 mph, but 1/4 mi = 13.5" @ 97 mph... I was also wondering if there are things to watch out for, oil leaks, maybe how much side play would show bad chain wear...
FOB---Thanks, and have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Bump---
Are y'all going to the Red River Gorge again this year...??? Have not seen any plans, just wondering as I get older and slower every day...lol...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Bump---
Are y'all going to the Red River Gorge again this year...??? Have not seen any plans, just wondering as I get older and slower every day...lol...
to tell you the truth OD, I have said something to Denny about maybe making a trip back down there to the Gorge this fall. but that was about it.

I'd really like to take the wife back down there this Oct.. not sure if it's going to happen, but I'm gonna start working on it real soon. if anything comes of it, we will make sure to let you know. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've made that ride down a couple of times already this year. But I am almost always ready for another. The sealcoating business is starting to pick up pretty good right now so if it does happen, I need a little lead time to shuffle the schedule around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts