Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Richmond, VA
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's my age, but the stock seat sucks. Any suggestions?

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
You say you have a stock seat, but what is that Kontour Seat listed under your info?
If you how to recover the seat you can do a lot of mods to it. It is only stapled on with 1/4 inch staples. You can concave the seat by cutting out the center like i did or install a good gel pad and then recover the seat. These little mods can make the seat a lot better than buying a whole new seat. You can find some pictures in the forum and maybe a few hints as how to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts
There are also several custom seats out there; Corbin, Saddleman and Mustang (no longer made but show up here and on ebay). There is also a guy who you can send your stock seat to and he will customize it. Cheaper than the others above. Turn around is about a week. Forget his name but a search may turn it up under Equipment-Seats.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
You say you have a stock seat, but what is that Kontour Seat listed under your info?
If you how to recover the seat you can do a lot of mods to it. It is only stapled on with 1/4 inch staples. You can concave the seat by cutting out the center like i did or install a good gel pad and then recover the seat. These little mods can make the seat a lot better than buying a whole new seat. You can find some pictures in the forum and maybe a few hints as how to do it.
If you are to read his sig. line its in 2 sections "Done" and "To Do" the seat in under the 2nd list.:doh:

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
any one take this route and like it?
msh1156 did, then I bought his Mustang seat. :rockon:

He just never allowed enough time to break in the Mustang, :doh: It was a happy day for me!!! :smiley_th

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I replaced my stock seat with a Corbin. It is a bit stiff and takes time to break in, but I like it a lot. When I am going on a LONG ride, I add an Airhawk seat cushion, properly inflated (i.e. hardly any air at all).

·
Super Moderator
11,992 Posts
Perhaps if we had a photo of your butt we might have a better idea of what seat would work best for you...but I think we would be better off if you could find someone in your area that will let you sample their aftermarket seat, because as we all know, butts are different and what I find comfortable may not work for you....

;)

KM

·
Registered
721 Posts
KM- here's my ass:

which seat would work better? Corbin or a saddle seat?

·
Super Moderator
11,992 Posts

·
Late to the party
321 Posts
Maybe we should all take pictures of our butts and list the seat we like best... on second thought that would really be sick, dumb ass idea.... Sorry, there is just so much tempting material here.:doh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts