Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a line on a '95 VN750 that's got some kind of engine bearing failure... therefore, I can get it for cheap. How much is something like this worth if the bike's in good condition, otherwise? How difficult is it going to be to rebuild the engine and how much will that cost?

I've rebuilt a lot of performance engines for Ford Mustangs and Broncos, this is my first motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I just finished putting mine back together. If it is indeed a main bearing problem, you are not going to have a good time. The mains are NOT replaceable as Kaw doesn't have a part number for them and I haven't been able to find another source. They are press fit and I guess the tolerances are such that replacement is too risky for Kaw. The only solutions are to buy new crankcase halves (at $800US) a set or find a salvage engine. If it is the con rod bearings, those can be replaced with new or aftermarked undersized ones after a crank turn and polish but they aren't cheap either. It all depends on how much adventure you can stand with the rebuild and how deep your pockets are. If the price of the bike is right, go for it or at the least you can part it out on ebay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts