Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike and I got it used and I have come to the point that I need to put new ruber on the rear so if any one could help me with a "How To" of getting the rear wheel of the bike so that i can take it in that would be great... Thank you.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Fergy has a good write up on the rear spline lube which you have to remove the tire.
I would recomend doing the spline lube while ther also, only about 1/2 hour more.

·
Registered
553 Posts
See what the stealership will charge you to do it, my dealer only charged me 30 extra bucks when I had the bike in getting new rubber. I figured since i couldn't ride anyway might as well let them do it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The only problem that I see with letting the stealership do it is that they may not use the moly grease. I did the spline lube this weekend and asked the service manager at the Kaw. shop what kind of grease that they recmmended and he told me just regular axle grease. So I bought the o-ring from them and did the job myself.

They have a lot less interest in making sure the job is done right than you do on your bike. There are definitely jobs that the stealership may be more equipped to do, but this one is really pretty painless.

Just my .02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts