Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, I recent purchased a 98 that was in the middle of a bobber project. I am 90% done however there were no turn signals on the bike. I purchased turn signals how I have not been able to locate what wires need to be hooked up. All the wires are cut and taped up. Can you lead me to what exact wires are for the rear tail lights. Thank you I really appreciate it,

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Both sides need black/yellow for a ground. Positive signal is carried by grey on the right, red on the left. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, Thank you Caleb. Backs are now wired but not blinking, I do need to wire the fronts, do you think that is why the backs are not blinking?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I would have expected them to blink at double speed with the fronts out. Not sure - somebody better at electrical can answer that. If you have a meter, you can verify continuity between the switch, flasher relay, and blinkers.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Behind the battery box under the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This conversation was really helpful! I’m going from aftermarket to OEM turn signals so the color identification will help a lot.

Another question, should the signals burn all the time when the ignition is on? Currently they only flash for L/R/hazard. Taillight and headlight work this way currently, but all the images and videos I see of the VN750 markers are also on.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
This conversation was really helpful! I’m going from aftermarket to OEM turn signals so the color identification will help a lot.

Another question, should the signals burn all the time when the ignition is on? Currently they only flash for L/R/hazard. Taillight and headlight work this way currently, but all the images and videos I see of the VN750 markers are also on.

Thanks,
Brian
Only the front turn signals have running lights, the rear signals don't have them.

My bike has three wire aftermarket lights on the rear, so it does have rear running lights in the turn signals. You just connect the third wire to the tailight circuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only the front turn signals have running lights, the rear signals don't have them.

My bike has three wire aftermarket lights on the rear, so it does have rear running lights in the turn signals. You just connect the third wire to the tailight circuit.
Ok, that makes sense. There were two power wires in the headlight bucket, one of them resulted in a solid light. Do you also happen to remember the color of the front turn signal wiring? I tried to look it up but everyone wanted subscription or money to access…

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Dr

Ok, that makes sense. There were two power wires in the headlight bucket, one of them resulted in a solid light. Do you also happen to remember the color of the front turn signal wiring? I tried to look it up but everyone wanted subscription or money to access…
Don't recall, but there's a color wiring diagram pinned in the electrical section. Blue and gray for left/right hot? All grounds are black with yellow stripe. Double check with the diagram.

Those wires in the headlight bucket are accessory wires for add-ons, hot all the time. There's another pair behind the right side cover.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Here’s a screen shot of the front end wiring colors if you can’t find the full file

B9E629C1-4E33-46D3-890D-ABC223330C55.png

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Two wire fixtures will eliminate the daytime running lights if you want to go with them. Stock uses 3 wire in the front and 2 wire in the rear. Like Spockster mentioned you can wire in the 3rd in the rear if needed. But regardless the green and the gray are the turn signal circuits with the black yellow as the ground. The blue wire is for the DRL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts