Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about relocating my rear turn signals to make more room for saddlebags.

I have seen many different options on here but have a question.

It appears to me that the from TS have the same mounting setup as the rear. And these seem to attach to the headlight brackets (part number 11044 & 11044A).

Has anyone ever done or considered using a set of these and mounting somewhere in the back for mounting rear TS?

I ask this because I am not ready to do any kind of fabrication, although I am slowly trying to collect the proper equuipment and training to learn how to make more serious modifications, and am looking for a cheap yet effective way to move my rear TS.

Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW - I am not really fond of putting them on the tailight housing, although I think I could manage this mod, because I am not sure the plastic is strong enough. The last thing I want to be doing is constantly looking back to see if they broke, because I get nuts like that, and propbably should be looking back there while riding.

·
DelmarvaBiker
15 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
You reinforce the taillight housing when you attach the sigs. I have seen people make brackets for this and I have also seen people use washers to spread out the weight

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
i love that set up the seat, backrest would you be so kind as to tell me what they are and how much

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Kanuck69 that is EXACTLY what I want to do with my rear turn signals. I understand the shaving concept.....but I am still confused as to how the shaved turn signal mounts are bolted/screwed.....attached to the tail light housing. I so want to do this mod because I am tired of my box style Tourmaster saddlebag lids hitting my turn signals when I open them and I want to relocate my helmet locks to where the factory spot where the rear turn signals go.....so that they will no longer be under the sadle bags and I can actually use them. THANK YOU!:smiley_th

1 - 6 of 6 Posts