Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yearround Rider
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear flipdown cover assy 32098-1057 on OEM fiches. Anyone know of junk/salvage availability? Hate to pay for new plastic. Schooner.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
that one is $52.00 used. I hate to say it but you are better off buying a new one at www.cheapcycleparts.com there it's $62.00 for both pieces shipped.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
that one is $52.00 used. I hate to say it but you are better off buying a new one at www.cheapcycleparts.com there it's $62.00 for both pieces shipped.
Hmmm.. The "Buy it Now" price comes up as $39.99 for me. No S&H specified.
At $62 shipped, the new one may still be the best value.

·
Registered
555 Posts
39.99 plus 12.00 shipping for the ebay one.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The rear flipdown cover assy 32098-1057 on OEM fiches. Anyone know of junk/salvage availability? Hate to pay for new plastic. Schooner.
After reading the OP again, it seems he only needs the back door assembly that is hinged.
That piece new will be cheaper than the used complete set on ebay.

I wish Schooner would get back and let us know if he has both the pieces that could be repaired/rehinged.
Probably not. Probably lost the door when the hinge broke.

·
Yearround Rider
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the leads and the hinge idea. Just the hinge broke and all is making do with fiber tape on the inside and black sail repair tape on the outside. As I recall the total OEM cost from Ron Ayers beat that on EBay. Suggestions re adhesive for hinges? Epoxy?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Put a piano hinge on the inside and it will never come off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts