Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good working lock with key for my 1994 Vulcan 750 rear tool box. I've checked the local stores here (Lowe's, Home Depot, Etc...) and all they carry are locks for a 3/4 " hole. The one on my tool box is more like 1" or bigger. Can anyone suggest where to go or have one on hand they would like to sell?

Attachments

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Well I have a lock, but dunno if I have a key for it. You could get the lock rekeyed to your bike key if you take it to a locksmith. You can do it yourself also...there is a guide here somewhere that explains it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had the same problem when I got my bike. I was able to find one at Home Depot (or Lowes) that worked.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I had the same problem when I got my bike. I was able to find one at Home Depot (or Lowes) that worked.
I was able to find a Thumb type Latch, Chrome, wing nut style (got it from my S-I-L) , which gets the job done.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
1 Posts
The locks use a standard H700 key - I think there has been discussions about the repops on here, but i guess they are available from Locksmiths.key is also used in the keyed ignition and spare wheel lock.Hope this helps

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
The locks use a standard H700 key - I think there has been discussions about the repops on here, but i guess they are available from Locksmiths.key is also used in the keyed ignition and spare wheel lock.Hope this helps
Spam spam bacon and spam

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Spam spam bacon and spam
Why? Just because you don't have a spare on your bike? lol Miss Melissa Faye probably threw that off on one of your trips when you weren't looking.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
Why? Just because you don't have a spare on your bike? lol Miss Melissa Faye probably threw that off on one of your trips when you weren't looking.
Another case of a first poster on a thread about locks....spam.

·
Know-It-All White-Trash
33 Posts
i replaced mine at the junkyard. any vulcan key will open any sissy bar box i found out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts