Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that you need to take back fender off, lift bike over tire, ect. I changed my back tire yesterday and by simply unhooking the shocks and leting the swingarm drop, I got the axle out without removing right muffler, and chancing trashing gaskets I just replaced. Then after unhooking brake linkages the tire slide right out at a slight lean to the right of the fender. No poblems, I do not have saddlebag mounts, or any other accesories, which I suppose could make a difference. In the long run, not half the job I thought it would be.:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I've never heard about the "removing the fender" thing, and the mufflers only need moved if they're in the way of getting to the hardware and/or sliding the axle out. But you're right, it's not really as involved as it appears in writing.

A little common sense can go a long way; work smarter, not harder.

What kind of tire did you put on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tires

:)I bought a set off a Pinwall cycles called Shinko, there a nice looking tire with deep tread, usually do'nt see a good deep tread on a cheap tire, but I got the set for about $110. The only thing was I had to go with a 140 on the back instead of the 150.

·
Registered
363 Posts
take off the rear shocks and you can move the tire up enough so u dont haev to taqke off the exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
:)I bought a set off a Pinwall cycles called Shinko, there a nice looking tire with deep tread, usually do'nt see a good deep tread on a cheap tire, but I got the set for about $110. The only thing was I had to go with a 140 on the back instead of the 150.
They didn't have it in 150?

·
Registered
950 Posts
I had the fender removed when I did mine, but it was off cuz I was repainting it. I think it made things a little easier, but not necessary.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They said they do'nt make that tire in a 150, 140 is only 1/4 inch narrower, 1/8 on each side is unoticable.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yeah but wouldnt a 140 have a shorter sidewall profile, which would change the final 'gearing', which would change the actuall speed in the worse direction?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts