Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Know If They Make A Rear Shock That Doen't Require Air In Them. Twice Know In One Month I Have Had To Fill Them Up. Can't Find Any Leaks. Was Thinking About Replaceing Them. Or Can They Be Rebuilt.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Progressive suspention has them.I don't think they can be rebuilt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any idea where the leak is located? If it is on the valve you might be able to get it fixed since it's a simple tire valve and small o-ring. You can remove the valve a replace the parts fairly easy.
Use a bit of soapy water to locate the air leak in you shocks this could help out.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
not sure about rebuildability of stock shoks but in the event i will need to replace mine i will just go with progressive suspension ones (412 model). from what i understand these don't have any external adjustment means. bad shocks nice excuse for suspencion upgrade :)

you can also look on ebay, i see stock shocks there most of the time if you on the budget/want to keep it sock.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
The stock shocks are junk anyway. I has a set of Progressive 412's and they worked great...as you can adjust the amount of preload , something badly lacking on the stock ones.

As a note here, unless you are over 260 lbs, or ride with a passenger and luggage alot, do not go for the "heavy duty" shocks. These are much better for those that always ride two up or carry alot of crap.
The "regular" 412's are fine with a passnger , unless your both tipping the scales over 280 lbs (total) and ride alot together.
You can adjust the preload for your passneger with a shock wrench in seconds.

KM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts