Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching on ebay for some 11" black rear shocks. I am not real sure as far as what would fit. Anyone found anything lately or can tell me what to look for?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Dennis kirk sells progressive 11 inchers in Black,but they are expensive. a Sportster Low has shorter shocks on it ,and look on Ebay for harley Dyna shocks there are usually some listed.

·
Bat
161 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing, 11" shocks...those at the site you quote, Blackrigid, are 11 3/4", just in case you didn't notice...a little taller.
Hoping to take some weight out of the front end...heavy in the hands right now.
Good luck.
I've found some Progressives at JC Whitney at a good (?) price...(they are outrageously expensive item...I probably would pay about that for McPherson struts for my car!!)

·
Bat
161 Posts
Thanks for the tips, Al...this is a nice site, very helpful people here! Didn't pay enough attention to your avatar to realize you're a Vulcaneer 750 too...Pretty bike! Mine is 2005, black and silver gray w/red pinstripe...subtle but nice.
Thanks again for the good advice. I think I will try to adjust the 12.5" shocks I have, since I can touch the floor with both feet almost flat, and see if I can live with them. I really can't afford to replace them now, anyway, so I'd better learn to ride my monster the best I can the way it is.
Bat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know they are just barely shorter than ours, but I dont have shocks on my bike. I just bought it about a month ago and it only came with rigid struts. I am currently trying to change it back as the rigid is killing my back over any bump.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I know they are just barely shorter than ours, but I dont have shocks on my bike. I just bought it about a month ago and it only came with rigid struts. I am currently trying to change it back as the rigid is killing my back over any bump.
It's a great price and your back an ass will love you!! :rockon: get the 11 3/4"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for the same thing, 11" shocks...those at the site you quote, Blackrigid, are 11 3/4", just in case you didn't notice...a little taller.
Hoping to take some weight out of the front end...heavy in the hands right now.
Good luck.
I've found some Progressives at JC Whitney at a good (?) price...(they are outrageously expensive item...I probably would pay about that for McPherson struts for my car!!)
Bat,

Glad to see you made it over here from the VROC forum. This post from the Vulcan verses discusses shock air: http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160
It won't lower the bike, but it may make it ride better.
Good luck.

Al
those shocks are only 1/4" shorter than our stock ones... I doubt you would even notice a difference.
It's a great price and your back an ass will love you!! :rockon: get the 11 3/4"
:D Well I want to and I am ready to hit the submit button, but will they fit? Are they going to be something that will be able to mount on the original bolts?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
:D Well I want to and I am ready to hit the submit button, but will they fit? Are they going to be something that will be able to mount on the original bolts?
They will fit!! :smiley_th

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bat, remember the rear shocks are air ride and adjustable. Before adding any air I would invest in the pump that can be found in Dennis Kirk for roughly $45. It has a gauge and is specifically designed for air shocks. Also, there is a mod available that will allow you to air the shocks at the same time. I can't remember the thread or link. Lance, Hyper, Flite can you help?

·
Bat
161 Posts
I can't even imagine a bike with no rear shocks! Yikes! The Chiropracter's Dream!
I'm glad you are getting the shocks, Blackrigid...you certainly need them.
I've got perfectly good shocks, and I don't need to lower the bike...I just want to get some weight off the front end....somehow it seems to ride very heavy in the front. I think a new tire will help...at least I'm hoping it will.
Enjoy!
Bat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts