Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do most of you have your shocks set on? I am using 3, but if I ease over a speed bump, I drag. Does it take a special tool to adjust the shocks?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Lance helped me with this. I rotated the chrome collar at the top of each shock to 2.
Then i used my shock pump to check air pressure on the shocks. Come to find out that the guy before me had let all the air out to go easy on his back. Now i realize why the bike was a little squirrley on curves....this can be very dangerous with the suspension as Lance explained. I pumped it to 10% of my riding wait. So if you are 250lbs...25 pounds of pressure in each one. You should double check...i been riding all this time and not known of this air being let out. Now my bike rides awesome...sticks to the curves and when i hit bumps it pushes back down and grabs the road! Thanks Lance!

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
I am at 175 lbs in riding gear. I use the 1 setting and have no trouble with speed bumps.
The shocks are adjusted by just turning the very top of the shock. You may need to air up your shocks to get a better ride, or make sure your shocks will hold a charge. check the threads as how to air up shocks, the max is only about 20 lbs of air.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might have to check it, that may be why it wants to lean to the right sometimes. Maybe my shock pressures are not equal. When in riding gear, I am probably a Big Mac and fries over 330. I can take curves with no problem.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I might have to check it, that may be why it wants to lean to the right sometimes. Maybe my shock pressures are not equal. When in riding gear, I am probably a Big Mac and fries over 330. I can take curves with no problem.
With your size I would go with 35-37psi and if that does not help then I would change the shock oil and if that does not help you will need to get Heavy Duty Progressive shocks. :beerchug:

Max psi in the shocks is 71 psi NOT 20 psi. Useable range is 0-43 psi.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Lance. I will have to see if I can get a gauge to properly check it. For some reason, I think the last owner said there was 25psi in the shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts