Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hej All :)

Enjoying my first few weeks on my "new" 1994 Vulcan 750. Fun getting back into turning a wrench again. Been making my own tool roll (sewing self-waxed canvas) among other fun fixes for the bike :)
Read some threads about air in the rear shocks. As mentioned a pump at the gas station or own compressor is too much air.
It got me to thinking about a pump I have for my Gary Fisher mountain bike and its rear suspension. Searched my tool area and found it. Picture below...
Works like a charm and thought I would share. Maybe a local bike (pedal) shop :) may be able to order one if anyone is interested :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,378 Posts
Yep, bicycle pump works fine. Especially one that leaks no or little air removing the hose off the shock. I use a tiny handheld compresser, but found it lets out 3-4 psi when pulling the hose off the shock. Solution is just to fill that much over your target pressure.
You can lose that much just checking the pressure with most gauges, so figure that into the mix too... ;)

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Good idea with that pump, Earthway!

I use my shop air compressor with a paint sprayer adjustable regulator in the line. It reduces the pressure to what I need and shows on dial pressure gage. FYI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.