Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 with an electrical issue with total loss of rear running lights.(tail, turn and plate). I have schematics but only cover up to '01. I read voltages at rear connection. Ground is good, brake light voltage is good but no running lights. Help please.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have a '04 with an electrical issue with total loss of rear running lights.(tail, turn and plate). I have schematics but only cover up to '01. I read voltages at rear connection. Ground is good, brake light voltage is good but no running lights. Help please.
My Clymer manual covers up to 2004, and the wiring schematic is the same for Canadian and US bikes from 1989 to 2004 (and probably 2006).

Follow the wiring harness from the back to front and test every splice or connection until you find power.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
sounds like a tailight wire disconnected,The brake light and tailight are on separate circuits,if i read your post correctly. and turn your keyswitch all the way ti=o the right and see if the taillights come on ,They should.if a wire isn't disconnected or broken ,if they don't check underneath the seat there is a plug that goes to your rear lights, one of the terminals in it may be corroded,That should get you startedtrouble shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts