Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a rear rack. I saw one at ronayers but it is over 90 bucks with shipping. Anyone want to get rid of one cheap, or at least cheaper than that?

let me know, Kait

[email protected]

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I know a doctor, and with some silicone, um, oh! Rear Rack! I just saw rack. Well, actually, with a little silicone we could, um...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:boxing: you dawg! I don't need any help with silicone... :boxing:

Now, liposuction maybe, hmm would a shop vac work for that? maybe knifemaker could fabricate something that would do the job?

Cegodsey you are so full of __it.... :boxing:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wooohooo! thanks Woody.

I am bidding on it so everyone be nice and let me win okay? okay.:beerchug:
:rockon:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
DAMN.... And I just bought one!!! ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've been trying to win a rear luggage rack on ebay for 2 years. I've seen them sell for more than retail but they usually finish out around $90. I guess I'm to stingy to pay retail for used parts, so I don't have a rear rack for my vulcan.

Speaking of things selling for more than retail, I watched a used factory tall sissybar sell for $250 last year. For those that are keeping track, that's $60 more than retail from the dealer.

Anyway, just sharing information

·
Registered
699 Posts
$250???? for that price she can fall off lmao

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
If it gets to high, here is one Buy it now for $79.99. I bought mine from him, fast shipping and great.
Ebay #120027297150

·
Registered
206 Posts
hmmm, $80 plus flat rate shipping that coincidentally brings the price up to damn near retail. This ad is from a "power seller" w/ 600+ feedbacks. That means this person/business is using ebay as their retail outlet on the web. Which is cool, and they do have a return policy, but as always...buyer beware. I tend to not buy things from people that charge flat rate shipping, it's cheating, if you ask me. If they want to be a business, they would charge actually shipping like a real business.

Flat rate shipping is such a scam on ebay, anyway. Sellers use it to get out of paying the listing fees for the actual value of the item. Plus it's extra money in their pocket. It's getting extreme too...people listing things like computer chips for "buy it now" of 99 cents w/ $26 shipping charge.

Jumps off soapbox---Anyway, my point is you need to look at the whole listing not just the "buy it now" price.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Yeah, that's right! I bought my cell phone (Nokia 3300) through eBay from a business in Florida that had a couple, and I only paid $38 + $7 shipping, but there were more than two dozen listings for the phone that offered lowest price. Which means I could have paid $21 - with only $56 shipping! Scam artists. Like those damn online pharmacies that keep calling me to refill my prescription. Oh, yeah, OK, here's my credit card...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn, someone outbid me for the rear rack on ebay. I just can't see paying more than 65+shipping for a used rack. So I am again on the lookout...

kait:motorcycl

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Aren't there some other auction sites besides eBay? And what about those nationwide classifieds, like craigslist?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, they are probably out there, but I don't have the energy to look...
at least not tonight... way past my bedtime...:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I won I won I won!!!!!:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

I am now waiting for my new rack! Go ahead Cegodsey, have fun with that...

Doing the happy dance.:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
That cetainly does look like the stock rack.
Hope it fits better than the saddlebag brackets did.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you and me both!

will, of course keep everyone up to date.

:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Looks just like the one I "just" put on!! Goes on in just a few miniutes!

Good hunt!! ;)

·
Geek
872 Posts
Carefull tightening those bolts. When I put my back rest on I snapped off one of the bolt heads.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts