Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have been looking around for a rear luggage rack for my first bike, the VN750.

I would like the Kawasaki Fire and Steel luggage rack as pictured on the net if you google search "kawasaki vn750 rear luggage rack". It's the first result located at cruiser customizing dot com.

But the part is no longer produced. Does anybody have any ideas outside of looking around on Ebay for finding one of those discontinued racks for my own bike?

Or, might anybody out there have any suggestions for a different rack. I saw one made by jardine but I didn't like that look very much. Let me know, and this forum has already been a great help with my new bike. Thanks already.

John

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
You could try making your own. That's what I'm going to attempt.

Ebay is probably going to be you best bet at this point as I believe Kawa has discontinued our luggage rack. Unless someone here has one for sale.

Because of this news/rumor though, many have been selling for $200-300 on ebay which is twice what they did cost new from a dealership/aftermarket site.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I have a used won you can buy for 75 bucks plus shipping.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Wow, looks like you're right. It has been discontinued recently. The Kawasaki website and even Ronayers no longer list the part as being available. I believe you're looking for part number KAK-53020-077B.

Keep your eyes on Ebay and Craigslist.

Good luck -Sloppy

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have a used won you can buy for 75 bucks plus shipping.
What kind of shape is it in? Good chrome or some rust?
If John doesn`t take it, I`m calling for right of first refusal.
Can you post some pictures?

Email sent too.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I will try to post pics. its the one that the other guy was selling recently with "repairs" done. Slight rust spots that i am currently permatex coating.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Your right fc, that rack is not even close to what will fit the vn750.
lol I just posted it cause it said VN750 in the title, didn't know what the 750 rack looked like. I knew you guys would point out if it didn't fit though :)

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I've contacted Kimmerling to take that rack off his hands, wrote cycle therapy, and am watching the rear rack on ebay although there are still four days to go. Something, I hope, will come through on one of those three ends. The Ebay rack looks just perfect, but it'll go up, way up I'm afraid. Thank you very much everybody. That much quality response is insane; awesome forum.

BikeWheel

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Did you send me an email or PM? I dont think i got it.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
email

Kimmerling, I resent my email to curtis97322 at gmail. Let me know. Thanks.

john
You mean you are curtis and you sent me an email? I will check. My forum email has nothing from you. So, i will check my external email which is
[email protected]

Stay cool. I am at work right now so i won't check the email till tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts