Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is list of issues....

bike "sat for 3 years" so i was told by old owner

oil looks dirty (WHAT KIND TO CHANGE IT WITH???? ANYONE??)

sputters when taking off or in gear under 3k ... and backfires like crazy sometimes

wont hold idle for ****.

sounds of pulsing hissing on pass side of carbs... (think i am missing a tiny o-ring for the pass side "COASTING ENRICHER" (page 2-19 FUEL SYSTEM of the service manual on right bottom of page)

i put SeaFoam in the tank and ran it for a lil while to make sure it got into the carbs since it sat for so long.. will be draining carbs today to see if anything nasty comes out of them.

if ANYONE here can help please call me

Will
440-341-7755

·
Registered
335 Posts
The leak you are hearing would more than likely lean out your cylinder. just get a rebuild kit, some pipe cleaners from the hobby shop, and b12 chemtool and go to town cleaning. sometime sea foam just will not cut it. Especially sitting for 3 years. I am not big on the brand name for oil, but alot of my sprot bike friends love amsoil, royal purple (used this stuff in my race cars), and kendal (one of my faves for racing too). since you have had it sitting that long pull you tank, drain the fuel remove the petcock valve and take it to a radiator shop to have it vated. I might even recomend for you to have it coated since it probally has some corosion from moisture. you can buy the tank liner in the part store to do it your self after having it vated. it is a two part mix just put it in the and roll it around to coat the whole inside drain the excess and let air dry.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well i there does not appear to be a kit listed but you dissasemble the carbs useing the free manual floating around here. be shure to soak the rubber gaskets in gas so the do not dry out on you. and cleqan all the orfices and jets. be careful not to damage the needle and seat.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update to my bike issues... ok so first i took out the pilot screws and made sure the tapered ends were not damaged or worn off (book said to check and make sure) and then after putting them both back in i had no firing off rear pistons...(verified by touching tail pipes) and then after pulling the spark plugs, the rear plugs were wet btw... i dried them off and and put back in and voila it was getting firing from the right rear plug, but not the left rear... so i popped out each rear plug, one at a time and found the left rear was not sparking ... Sooooooooooo it looks like all i have is a simple fouled plug. so i will be replacing the rear ones as all are new but just looks like i foul'd the one rear so i will get 2 to replace them.

and will update as soon as i get them in.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
If you do need the carbs rebuilt ...have lance or carbworks.com do them...

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Lance is a member here who lives in Atlanta and has worked on a number of members bikes. Does great work at great prices. You can do a member search and find him.

He meant carbworx.com also highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
thanks for the correction! oops!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok well carbworx.com isn't gonna help me any cause i want my bike worked on locally i dont want to send parts out thru the mail. thanks tho

found a shop that will rebuild the carbs for me for 250$, and since i have never messed with a motorcycle before i will let the professionals handle it ..

thanks all for the help tho!

Will H.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok SOOOOoooo Guy is gonna help me figure out my carb/idle issue and hopefully will save me $200+ dollars!

i cant wait to ride this bike again!!!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
ok SOOOOoooo Guy is gonna help me figure out my carb/idle issue and hopefully will save me $200+ dollars!

i cant wait to ride this bike again!!!
that is good news!

isn't this forum great?!

let me know when you get the bike up and running. the wife and I have to make a few stops out your way to "roll" our "dice".

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is good news!

isn't this forum great?!

let me know when you get the bike up and running. the wife and I have to make a few stops out your way to "roll" our "dice".
will do but i am not familar with your quote of "roll" our "dice" ?? :doh:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update! talked to ron aka lance328? and found the coasting enricher diaphrams are both FUDGED UP!!! all dryrotted to hell and so i got on ebay and bought 2 more and hopefully that will cure all my bikes problems!

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Screw the diaphragms, you don't need them. I have an extra pair of coasters you could have. Let me know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Screw the diaphragms, you don't need them. I have an extra pair of coasters you could have. Let me know.
bring em over man! i already bought and ordered a pair which also comes with the o-rings that my bike IS missing for both sides anyways.

gimme a call if you still coming over today!

WIll
440-341-7755

1 - 20 of 28 Posts