Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be working on my bobber project when I get home in Feb. I can't seem to find the answer to this. Is there another bike with a longer drive shaft and swingarm that would fit on our bikes?

·
Registered
572 Posts
y would u put the swingarm if ur gonna hardtail it? i know some1's dun this on their vulcan but i dont remember who it is.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
You can remove the swingarm from the left side with a rigid frame, but you still need a longer driveshaft and tube or have the stock ones lenthened. This exponentially increases the amount of work and difficulty - Tanz will need to include an alignment adjustment on the left side if he goes this way. But if you want to extend the rear wheel back some and have the cleanest look possible, this is what you gotta do! It will look really cool when done, however!

Bucky was the one who hard tailed and removed the left side swingarm -

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4765&highlight=bucky

I would recommend keeping the left side swingarm and avoiding alignment and driveability issues.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't plan on creating a new frame. I plan on making hard struts as far as rigidness is concerned. I was just thinking of how much better it would look with an extended rear wheel.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Still waiting to hear from Bucky on mounting a rear wheel on the front of the bike too!:rockon:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Still waiting to hear from Bucky on mounting a rear wheel on the front of the bike too!:rockon:
That was Edalbris that was going to put the rear tire on front, and he's also the one who extended the rear by 5". Don't think he ever got back to us on how he did either of those mods though.
He has a pic of the front tire in the gallery HERE, and also a CAD pic of a double forked front end, HERE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts