Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After refitting the engine I've noticed a 1/4 inch gap on the right side (when viewed from the rear) between the manifold and the spacer washer between the mount and the manifold, is there another metal washer or anything missing, I've looked at the manuals and exploded diagrams and all it shows are the mounts fitted from the inside and the two thick spacers between the mount and manifold, can anyone she'd any light on this!
Thanks, Neill.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I'll look at my parts bike later

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: NIBiker

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
sorry forgot rear motor mount was removed when I got the bike

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
rear motor mount consists of a long bolt with metal washer and rubber dampener on each end and a nut. There are 2 hard plastic black spacers that slip between the motor and the inside edges of the frame mount while you thread the long bolt through everything.

It sounds like you are missing one of the inside spacers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
engine mounts

Turns out I have the rear engine mounts fitted correctly, two mounts fitted from inside the frame, two thick washers (dampers) I think they're called, which sit next to the manifold, when the bolt is tightened against the outer parts of the mounts it pushes the mounts through the frame against the dampers, removing all slack! (You learn something everyday!!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts