Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there goes my vulcan. I got rear ended by a woman who wasnt paying attention. im fine, most of my injuries were from me falling over. but the bike is most likely totalled.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Glad to hear you only have minor injuries. Hope her insurance co. pays you a good price for the bike. Looks like we will have another parts bike on Ebay. Or are you thinking of trying to fix it after it is totaled by the insurance Co.?

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Glad you came through with non-life threatening injuries. You can't avoid every idiot on the road, but keep an eye on the mirrors when you're stopped, especially until there are two or more cars stopped behind you. They make good shock absorbers for those preoccupied with their hand held electronic devices! Have an exit plan in mind when you need it.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
yikes... glad you weren't squished !
how fast was she going? was there a car in front of you that you got smashed between?
did you see it coming? or was it a total surprise?

my wife and I have been rear-ended 5 times in our cars. so far not on a bike.
one guy even had the nerve to tell the cop that took the report that it couldn't be his fault since my wife should have run the red light !
....idiots... :BLAM:

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
my wife and I have been rear-ended 5 times in our cars. so far not on a bike.
one guy even had the nerve to tell the cop that took the report that it couldn't be his fault since my wife should have run the red light !
....idiots... :BLAM:
"But officer, she wouldn't get out of my way!!"

Think I'll try to avoid Salt Lake City! And I thought Louisiana had the worst drivers in the nation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
"Any landing you walk away from...."

That is really bad news about the bike though.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Too bad about the bike, but glad to hear you came through without any serious injuries. I wish the law would nail these e-toy users to the wall when they cause an accident through inattention.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Sorry you got rear ended. It must suck but I am glad you lived to fight another day....

·
Registered
292 Posts
not normally my job to be a Pollyanna but look at it this way: there were no major injurys, she will pay more attention to bikes on the road( at least for a week or two), the taill of her increased insurance will warn her friends and you get to go toy shopping with her insurance money:pepper:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Glad you're okay.. I hope this never happens to me- I'd probably end up committing homicide!

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Glad you're okay.. I hope this never happens to me- I'd probably end up committing homicide!
If the cager didn't do it first. Some aren't so lucky as achang1. :BLAM:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Geez - glad you're OK!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Glad you're ok achang.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK, and I hope that your bike is salvageable. X2 on the people that are on the phone instead of watching the road.:doh:

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Obviously, by far the most important thing here is that you came out of this with only relatively minor injuries. Thank God!!!

Given the current motorcycle market and the length of time the VN750 was built, a replacement Vulcan 750 in really good condition shouldn't be too hard to come by--especially if you have true patience and are willing to shop around some.

I guess what you need to ask yourself is....what can I learn from this experience to make myself a better rider? What can I proactively do to help avoid this same (or similar) situation in the future?

About half the game of being a great street rider is getting nearby cagers to really notice you.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Too bad about the bike, but glad to hear you came through without any serious injuries. I wish the law would nail these e-toy users to the wall when they cause an accident through inattention.
...or before, preferably. Glad you're ok man! I heard somewhere that motorcycle shopping actually heals minor wounds faster. True story. :motorcycl

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well sorry for keeping quiet. i didnt wanna jinx anything by blabbing away on here.
well the other person's insurance company is going to total the bike and pay me for it. its more than i paid for the bike a year ago. so woot. :D
i may have some goodies that i might sell.
thinking about getting a SV650 instead.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts