Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I need some help! I just bought my Vn750 year 2000 with only 2,900miles and I did some work because the motorcycle was keep garage since 2013 and both carburetors were dirty. I cleaned and rebuilt the carburetors, I changed the fuel lines, it has new battery, I put fresh gas, new oil & filter, new air filters, I checked the spark plugs and all 4 are working because I tested on the front cylinder which is working but I still have the problem with the rear one. The exhaust pipe of the rear cylinder is blowing cold but the front one is blowing hot! I ride the motorcycle as that just to get the inspection and it starts and run good but not as it should because is just working half way.. I uninstalled the rear exhaust pipe and it seems that start to get wet of gas.. I checked the ignition coil and it gets voltage. I don’t think that is the CDI because the motorcycle doesn’t have too many mileage and it looks in great condition, otherwise I don’t know how to test the CDI box.. If y’all can help me with experience I’ll appreciate it! Thank you folks!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Does the rear cyl have spark? ??? If it does then the rear carb is flooding, stuck float maybe.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I would ohm test the rear coil and see if it has voltage.

·
Registered
736 Posts
sometimes it's as easy as reconnecting the power feed wire to the coil. mine was bucking and running like absolute crap on a ride one time, wound up my front coil wasn't fully connected and was coming disconnected intermittently. whackiest things will get ya sometimes...

these guys are right, though. check the connection, voltage at the power feed wire, and then maybe check the coil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts