Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum world and the vn750. I have just rebuilt my engine due to water pump mechanical seal failure and bearings destroyed. Now the engine is misfiring and the rear cylinder exhaust gases are cold. Doest seem to be any compression from the rear cylinder?? Please help thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, figured out the reason was down to timing not correct but now its all built back up it seems to vibrate quite alot im pretty sure it wasnt like that before.

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
If you had the engine apart, is there a possibility that you did not get the balancer lined up properly? As for the rear cylinder not firing, if everything else is ok, that is fairly common on the Vulcan 750 even if the engine has not been taken apart before. It seems to be due to a problem with the rear carburetor. I have had 3 Vulcan 750s, and they have all had this problem on cold startup occasionally. I never found a cause. There are a number of fairly common issues with the Vulcan 750 that have never been figured out. Most of them are just annoying more than anything serious. But the cam chain tensioners and final drive splines are to be taken seriously. Engine and final drive failure can be prevented by dealing with these things before it is too late.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks jerry its sorted now it was infact a balancer issue when i looked over the manual i spotted what i had done wrong thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts