Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no matter what the speed is, but if I am cruising at a steady speed the rear cylinder surges, but will come back to life with a little throttle.

It almost seems like it is lean surging, like the float could be adjusted incorrectly, or something electrical... I have heard about running power directly to the coils so they have constant power... I guess I need to test that.

I have put in 140 main jets and shimmed the needs with 2 washers each... I will be checking the the float height and I'm still waiting for my #40 pilot jets (it does pop a lot of decel). I have a MF battery and new plug wires and caps, and new NGK plugs (not the iridium).

Does anyone have any other suggestions once I pull the carbs off again (4th time :hitanykey)?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a problem once with my front cylinder going out, but hopefully my problem is not yours. First how many miles are on you bike? and what year?. When you get back home from your rear cylinder cutting out what do your plugs look like (shiny black, fluffy black, really white, Wet??? ) Your plugs can tell you a lot about how your motor is running.

The rubber tip on your needle valve (if you have not already checked it) may be worn and allowing too much fuel to come in. Too much can choke out a cylinder too. Have you checked all vacuum lines to be sure you are not getting air rather than fuel. Let me know that and I may be able to guide you in a better direction

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping I get to put in the new pilot jets this weekend... then I can start trouble shooting this dang bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts