Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my barn find 87 is just about ready to roll. I rebuilt the carbs, lubed the splines put oversize metzlers on it put a new fuel tank on, found a new factory fairing for it, installed a datel meter on the fairing with a direct feed relayed through to the battery, replaced the r/r, installed new fork seals,replaced the plugs, rebuilt the petcock,replaced the bullet connectors in the bucket with weatherpack connectors,replaced the crush gaskets, removed the fresh air solenoid and hoses, installed k&n filters, put new throttle and choke cables on, replaced the speedo cable, fixed the ignition switch , installed a luggage rack and a few other things. I just synced the carbs and notice at a cold start up the rear exhaust stays cold when the front heats up.The spark checks out OK. When the engine warms up and I rev it the rear exhaust warms up fast. The thing is I can not detect any miss at any time. I test drove it for ten miles and she goes good, no missing, no backfires. The cold exhaust stumps me though. What do you guys think?

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Are you getting good air flow through it?? You could have dirt dobber nests in the exhaust.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plug wires at cold start were arcing. Found out by running my hand along them,the results were shocking. Here is a link for ngk replacement caps. http://www.ngk.com/results_appOther.asp?otherMotiveID=225795&mfid=1 Hopefully this will be it for a while. The bike has 4000 miles on it and looks nice. The previous owner took good care of it had a heart attack and parked it. Ill let you know how she goes down the road when fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts