Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I bought this one from JC Whitney for $45:

Been using it for the last 8 years, no problems. Just bought some "U" bolts and mounted the mounting plate to the luggage rack, which is pretty much the same design as the Vulcan one.
The first one I bought that broke is now my official motorcycle junk bin in the basement. I’m happy with this new one.

Nice Bonnie there KM, I’m a Triumph fan myself

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Luggage rack? We don't need no steenkin' luggage rack. FB_IMG_1561128684296.jpg FB_IMG_1561128679410.jpg

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
That is priceless, I can’t talk because I wasn’t too far off from that when my case broke lol. I was about 60 miles from home. I had a cargo net and bungee cords holding the damn thing on. My buddy stayed about 30 yds behind me on the way back to make sure he wouldn’t get wiped out if it decided to jettison along the way

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Ended up putting Emco on for now. Testing it before putting much in it. I dont like how far it sticks out, but it's serving its purpose with my cover in it.
Assuming you can’t move it back because it’ll hit the back rest. That’s my issue. That’s why I thought about trying to add to the luggage rack. It’s holding up so far though

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
The basic problem with the Vulcan...most top boxes open toward the front of the bike, so the "sissy bar" on the seat prevents it from opening if it's pushed back.
I've seen cases that don't do this, but almost all do. Building up something to make it sit higher would help, but I think the best solution is to trash the stock seat for something else.

Just finding a suitable box with a shallow lid like this would work:
https://solfemarket.com/products/top-case-motorcycle-luggage-tail-box?variant=28326818906211&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping

Or a ice chest with a latched top. I had a bike with a milk crate on the back for awhile. A few small bungee cords to help hold stuff in.
You could also build a box with a lid if you have the tools.....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts