Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On quite a few occasions I find myself moving my right foot to get a better feel that my foot is indeed on the break pedal .

Any Ideas on how to enlarge the break pedal ? - Like will the Aluminum Screw on pedals for cars do the trick ? or what is the best approach to take

Roger

·
Registered
721 Posts
you could find a used pedal, cut/grind of fthe existing pad, and then bolt on another... or you could drill the pad and bolt on a wider piece of steel...

Or I could be wrong as it's been so long since I've been on the bike, I could have forgotten exactly what the brake pedal looks like...

how depressing...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
On quite a few occasions I find myself moving my right foot to get a better feel that my foot is indeed on the break pedal .

Any Ideas on how to enlarge the break pedal ? - Like will the Aluminum Screw on pedals for cars do the trick ? or what is the best approach to take

Roger
I don't think those pedals would fit without some sort of custom mounting.
I seem to remember seeing a bolt on piece that enlarges the pedal, but don't remember where?

If you're handy with simple tools, shouldn't be too tough to just get a piece of flat stock (aluminum or steel) and drill & tap it to the existing foot pad.
A piece of rubber, glued (contact cement) to the new piece might help too.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Knifemaker had a easy quick mod on his web site. If you ask he may give you the link.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Knifemaker had a easy quick mod on his web site. If you ask he may give you the link.

Yep, right here:
http://tinyurl.com/6qzmlj

Cost was about $9.00 I took a piece of 14 gauge steel and cut and ground it so a Rubber Clutch Pad , bought at Autozone , for a Toyota would fit over it.

I then drilled holes in the pedal and the metal piece to so I could bolt it to the top of the stock pedal with small stainless steel bolts. I used a few washers for spacers so the fabbed piece stuck out from the top of the pedal enough to allow the rubber pad to slip over it easily.

I used a BIG HAMMER with an old socket to bend the metal piece to follow the countor of the pedal.

Worked well, especialy in the rain.

KM

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all - I wonder how I missed that on Knifemakers site :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts