Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was replacing my brake pedal and a spring came loose. Unfortunately, I didn't see what it was attached to before it popped off. It appears to connect to the electrical (I'm assuming it activates the brake lights). I've looked through every schematic I can find on Bike Bandit, and can't find this spring ANYWHERE. There is a hole directly below it, which looks like the right option, but it's far too close; the spring doesn't seem to do much good hooked in there. Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to link this spring to? This is a 1991 VN750. Thanks.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
So, I was replacing my brake pedal and a spring came loose. Unfortunately, I didn't see what it was attached to before it popped off. It appears to connect to the electrical (I'm assuming it activates the brake lights). I've looked through every schematic I can find on Bike Bandit, and can't find this spring ANYWHERE. There is a hole directly below it, which looks like the right option, but it's far too close; the spring doesn't seem to do much good hooked in there. Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to link this spring to? This is a 1991 VN750. Thanks.
Hi Jay, I just looked at mine. There are 2 springs on your foot brake pedal. One hefty/strong spring returns your pedal up, the other is a fine/small spring which attaches to the _bottom_ of your brake light switch.
hope this helps
WilliamTech

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just replaced the smaller spring so the brake light would come on. The original spring had become too stretched, and the brake light sensor had no more adjustment to it. Fortunately my box of random springs had one that fit well enough. Note that the brake light sensor is threaded and has some adjustment in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. Just to prove how much of a rookie I am, I walked back outside after posting my initial question, took one look at the bike, and realized that I simply had to adjust the angle of the brake pedal itself. 10 minutes of tweaking, and it works fine; got my first ride in since laying it down six weeks ago. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts