Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Rear brake pedal contacts exhaust.

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DenverDiesel 
#1 ·
The exhaust is properly routed and seated and as best I can tell the brake pedal lever isn't bent. Is something missing?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
someone else will chime in I am sure, but to me, it looks bent. if I recall, the pad on the pedal is supposed to be nice and square with the bike. it looks like its twisted in that pic

on a 2nd look, there seems to be a lot of room between the frame and the exhaust pipe, maybe it can be moved in tighter?

#4 ·
Can't say for sure, but here's my observations.

Replaced my brake lever because it was rashed up and slightly bent, wrecked before I bought the bike. Both the original and the replacement have the pad turned at a slight angle. Seems I recall looking around at others and they're all like this, but I could have forgotten by now. It would take a lot of force to twist the pad, which should also be enough to deform the pad itself.

There's the wire toe guard between the pad and exhaust, my wrecked one had been smashed into the pipe causing a nice long crease. Yours seems to be in the correct alignment and spacing. However it does look somewhat close to the pipe farther back, but it's hard to see in the pic.

I covered the pad with one of those Kury ISO chrome/black rubber pads, $8 on ebay, so it doesn't look so angled. Much better feel using the brake, I felt like the factory pad is better suited for a minibike. In fact it's almost identical to a Honda CT70, at least in pad size.

#5 ·
I noticed that the splines that transmit the brake pedal motion have a lot of play on my bike. I can loosen the pedal retainer bolt and pull it out from the bike a tenth or so, when the retainer is tight the whole assembly slides in and out another tenth, give or take.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.